Sunday, May 11, 2008

Kefir beer?

 

This was in a summary and I thought I would share it.  Not sure what kefir beer is, but let us know if you do!

 

Going GF helped me a lot, but I had to do a lot more to finally get healthy.

I think a lot of it has to do with dysbiosis: the bacteria in the gut are

just incorrect, after years of gut damage. Also I had to stop dairy, as it

was almost more problematic than gluten. And I did a feast/fast diet for a

year or so, which really helped, and took probiotics, and have a massively

nutrient-rich (and very tasty, I might add) diet.

The two things that, I think were key in the gut department were:

1. Kefir. The bacteria or yeast in kefir make amazing differences in the gut

flora. I can't do dairy, so I make

"kefir beer", which tastes a lot like regular beer so it's not really a hard

medicine to take. I dont' know exactly why

it works, but it does, for a lot of people.

2. Pascalite. Taken with a meal, it seems to change how the meal is

digested. Massively. And it's cheap. I suspect that if a person with major

problems takes it with every meal, most of the problems disappear. You

still need to change your diet to get permanent change, but pascalite is a

quick fix. Works great for eating out too. (I don't work for the company. I

found out about it on this list).

---------------

Anne Barfield
www.chickenparadise.com

 

2 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Bekki said...

Hey! I stumbled across your blog by googling "kefir beer" and I'm glad I did. I live in San Antonio, too. I'm gearing up to try brewing my own kefir beer... hoping to get some specific instructions, although... learning the hard way certainly works. LOL
And I second the pascalite recommendation! It works wonders!

 
At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Alan Henager said...

Hey, thought I'd let you guys know I tried making Kefir beer as well. I homebrew regularly, and the kefir batch has turned out to be my all time favorite. I have the recipe on my blog.

http://henager.net/alansblog/18/there-s-kefir-in-my-beer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home